Instant Pot BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Slaw
Grab that Instant Pot and let it do the bulk of the work! nothing like a simple, yet decadent taco night to save the day!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Sonoma Harvest Original Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup 1 c diced fresh pineapple
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced (Not a spice fan? Remove seeds and veins from the jalapeno.)
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1/4 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup julienned cabbage
- Whisk together water, bbq sauce, salt and pepper in Instant Pot then add whole chicken breasts.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 15 minutes. When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then release all remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred using two forks.
- Turn Instant Pot onto sauté setting and add cornstarch mixture to pot, whisking until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken back to the pot and heat through. While chicken is cooking, make your pineapple slaw.
- To make pineapple slaw, combine all ingredients. To assemble tacos, add bbq chicken onto a warm tortilla then top with pineapple slaw. Repeat with remaining chicken and slaw.