Black Bean and Sweet Potato Street Tacos
In our kitchen, EVERYONE looks forward to Taco Tuesday! There are so many ways to celebrate this weekly theme! Today we're sharing with you our delicious Black Bean & Sweet Potato Tacos. These handheld treats are vegetarian based but definitely don't lack flavor. Enjoy the spices of our popular Smoked Paprika Onion Rub, the heat our Chili Oil Crunch brings, and of course, it wouldn't be a Sonoma Harvest dish without taking the basics to the next level! Skip the classic olive oil and try our Roasted Garlic Olive Oil. Your taste buds will NOT be sorry!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 12 street taco corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can organic black beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp Sonoma Harvest Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Sonoma Harvest Smoked Paprika Onion Rub
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cojita cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 tbsp Crunchy Onion Kick
- cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425º. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. In a bowl, toss diced sweet potatoes with 3 tablespoons Sonoma Harvest Roasted Garlic Olive Oil. Add 2 teaspoons Sonoma Harvest Smoked Paprika Onion Rub or more to your preferred taste. Bake for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through baking.
- While potatoes are baking, in a large skillet, heat remaining Sonoma Harvest Roasted Garlic Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion for about 5 minutes until it reaches a soft texture and is beginning to brown. Add garlic and saute until fragrant being careful not to over cook. Reduce heat to a low setting and add in black beans and salt until warmed. Toss mixture with sweet potatoes.
- We enjoy popping our corn tortillas on a dry, hot skillet just long enough to warm them, but you may also enjoy them as is! Stack two tortillas and fill with warm mixture.
- Top tacos with diced avocado, cotija cheese (or goat cheese!), cilantro, and a dollop of our Crunchy Onion Kick! Enjoy!