Baked Apple Pandowdy
Apple pie but make it easy! Fear not, this recipe won't have you making dough from scratch and spending an hour just assembling your pie. Store bought puff pastry and Sonoma Harvest Eureka Lemon Balsamic are your best friends in this quick and easy dessert that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 4 lb Baking Apples
- 2/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Sonoma Harvest Eureka Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Package of Puff Pastry Dough
- Preheat oven to 425* F.
- Peel, core, and slice apples to desired thickness.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sliced apples, melted butter, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, kosher salt, and balsamic.
- Pour filling into a buttered 9x13 baking dish
- Cut puff pastry dough into 1" x 1" squares and place atop sliced apples in desired pattern. (there is no right or wrong way to do this!)
- Sprinkle top of pandowdy with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then lower temperature to 350* F and bake until apples are fork tender.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.